Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New Gab Collab


This GabCollab was inspired by my childhood memories of the area I grew up in. High winds and fires were really common... One time my junior high almost burned down. That was the best night of my life. Sadly, I have seen people's houses burn down, though...

Our house was at the foothills of Mount Baldy, and at the top of it was a Christmas star that someone would light up every year for the holidays. It was always a magical thing, waiting for it to be lit up every year.

Unfortunately, one year a giant fire blew through and burned down the Christmas Star. My family and all the neighbors stood in our front yards, crying and watching it burn. After a few moments of climbing flames, the star blazed suddenly, as all the light bulbs popped open with fire. It was the most brilliantly sad thing I had ever seen. Everyone in the neighborhood loved that star, and eventually, there was a movement to "re-light the Christmas Star," with everyone chipping in to pay for a new one. I thought about adding the star to this illustration, but I didn't want to make a house fire look whimsical.

Anyway, go check out GabCollab! I love participating in it, and I bet you will, too!

xoxo, NK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...